He successfully completed his education, that is, Primary, Secondary and University Education all in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. After his First Degree, he went ahead and obtained his Masters Degree in Public Administration (MPA) from Lagos State University and an M.Sc. in International Management from University of Liverpool in the United Kingdom. He was selected to participate in the Ph.D. Business Administration programme of University of Liverpool. So far, only 2 modules done (Crisis Management and Knowledge Management). Also M.Sc. Public Administration (in view) from Nasarawa State University.
Dr. Oglafa joined the Public Service in 1988 as an Administration Officer II with National Primary Education Commission (NPEC) now Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) and rose to the rank of Assistant Director (Administration) and later joined the National Salaries, Income and Wages Commission at the Federal Secretariat as a Deputy Director (Administration) in charge of Appointment, Promotion and Discipline in 2007.
Shortly after, he moved to the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission as Head of Administration Department in 2009, he was soon recommended to former President Goodluck Jonathan, GCFR to be appointed the Secretary to the Commission ICPC by the Board of the Commission Headed by Hon. Justice Emmanuel Ayoola (Rtd.) in view of the rapid transformation he brought into the ICPC.
- His outstanding leadership qualities and excellent management skills, style and performance ushered in effective and efficient administrative machinery in the ICPC.
- Improved Management Policies and Practices for higher productivity
- Increased Institutional Capacity to create enabling environment for National development.
- Awarded Best Performance in International Management M.Sc. 2016 (University of Liverpool).
- Member of various Professional Bodies
- First Nigerian to correctly pass all modules in the Online M.Sc. International Management class at the University of Liverpool & Best Performance Award
- Attended numerous Capacity Building Courses local/international.
- Doctoral Fellow, Chartered Institute of Management Specialist, USA.
He is married with children.