Bringing a Petition to the Commission
Any person anywhere in the world may make a complaint against any other person (corporate or non corporate) in Nigeria who is suspected to have committed or to be committing an offence under the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act 2000 .
- Complaint/petition is made through a written report submitted online or through post or physically to any ICPC office all over Nigeria.
- If the complaint is submitted online, the report must be in Microsoft Word document format (.doc) or Adobe Reader (.pdf)
- The report shall set out details of the nature of the complaint, facts of the case against the person or persons complained against, date, time and place where the offence was allegedly committed.
- The complainant shall state his full address, the address or addresses and other relevant information that may asist in locating the person or persons against whom the complaint is made.
- If submitted online, the complainant shall submit his/her scanned copy of Identification Card (Drivers Licence, National ID Card or International Passport), if the report is submitted by post or physically, the complainant must sign or thumbprint the report. If complaint is made orally or by an illiterate it shall be reduced into writing by an officer of the Commission.
- Such complaint received by the Commission shall be entered into the database at the commission. A copy of the report is endorsed and sent to the office of the Chairman.
- Within 48 hours of the reciept of the complaint, it shall be brought to the attention of the Chairman.
To submit a petition, click here.