MRS. ANNE OTELAFU ODEY
Mrs. Anne Otelafu Odey was born on 24th December 1957 in Ogoja and hails from Yahe in Cross River State. She attended:
- St. Theresa Primary School, Ogoja (1965-70, FSLC);
- Holy Child Secondary School, Ogoja (1972-76, WASC);
- University of Calabar (1978-82, BA Hons, Education English);
- University of Calabar (1983-86, M.Ed. Adult Education).
Mrs Odey, who did her NYSC in Kaduna in 1982, taught in Pinn Margaret Secondary School, Calabar before transferring to the mainstream of the civil service of Cross River State in 1988.
During her 35 years of Service in Govt of Cross River State, she held the following positions:
- Head, Department of Adult and Continuing Education, Ministry of Education, Calabar
- Head, Department of Child Development, Ministry of Women Affairs.
- Zonal Director, Science and Technical Education, Akamkpa.
- Supervising Director, Area Education Authority, Ogoja.
- Director of Schools, Technical Education Board, Calabar.
- Director of Administration, State Universal Basic Education Board.
- Permanent Secretary, Chieftaincy Affairs, Governor’s Office, Calabar.
- Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education.
In the course of her Civil Service career, Mrs. Odey attended several national and international conferences and workshops. Some of them include:
- UNDP-sponsored training for senior and management staff of Adult & Non-formal Education, South East zone;
- Workshop on anti-corruption and Government/Labour relationship in a democratic system;
- NACA/UNDP-sponsored leadership development programme in response to HIV/AIDS in Nigeria.
She is married with children and loves reading, singing and dancing.
Appointed as Board Member, ICPC by President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR, on 13th April 2022