Mr. Clifford Okwudiri Oparaodu was born on 12th September 1964. He hails from Port Harcourt City Local Government Area of Rivers State. He is a Barrister and Member, Judicial Service Commission, Rivers State.
He attended St. Paul’s Primary School Garrison, Port Harcourt, 1969 to 1975; County Grammar School Ikwerre/Etche, 1975 to 1980; and Centre for Business Studies Greenwich, London, United Kingdom from 1981 to 1983.
He also attended Ealing College, Ealing, London (now University of West London) from where he obtained an LL.B, before proceeding to the Nigerian Law School in 1988. He was called to the Nigerian Bar on 14th December 1989.
Mr. Oparaodu served in many capacities in both the public and private sectors. From 1990 to1991, he served the nation as a corps member in the Ministry of Justice, Benin City, in the then Bendel State.
In 1991, he moved to the private sector as a Counsel at Okonjo & Akande Associates, Benin City, Edo State. Still in the private sector, from 1992 to 1994, he became Associate Counsel Ikechi Wagbara & Co, in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Until his appointment as Secretary to the ICPC, he was Principal Counsel, Cliff Oparaodu & Co, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- Legal Adviser, Port Harcourt City Local Government 1992 to 1993
- Chairman, Local Government Election Petition Tribunal, Rivers State 2008
- Company Secretary/Legal Adviser, Rainbow Town Development Company Ltd. (Private/Public Partnership Initiative) 2009 till date
- Chairman, Caretaker Committee Port Harcourt City Local Government Council, Rivers State from July 2015 to October 2015
- Special Member, Governing Council Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Bori, Rivers State 2020 till date
- Member, Judicial Service Commission, Rivers State 2022 till date.
He was appointed as the Secretary to the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) on 17th October 2023 by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR, and assumed duty on 31st October 2023.
He is married with children.