2021 PUBLIC SERVICE INTEGRITY AWARDEES
Muhammad Tukur Ahmad (Asst. Commander of Narcotics)
Nigerian Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA)
The officer over the years demonstrated the highest ideals and stands of public service in the discharge of his responsibilities. He was a receipient of the Chairman/Chief Executive’s Award for Outstanding Performance and Integrity on 31st May 2021.
Recently, he recovered and declared to the Agency the sum of USD 24500 offered to him as a bribe by a drug baron to compromise an investigation of 27.950kg of cocaine, worth billions of Naira.
Mr. Nelson Orji Okoronkwo (DD, Legal)
Federal Ministry of Information and Culture
- Committee member on fertilizer distribution and racketeer that led to the recovery of billions of naira from the racketeers with collaborators within the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
- Investigation committee on Supersulphate Fertilizer Company Ltd., Kaduna that led to the refund of billions of Naira.
- Reported corrupt practices that led to the Ogoni cleanup investigation in the Federal Ministry of Environment.
- Committee Chairman on Illegal Recruitment, which led to the detection and removal of over 3,000 fake employees from the Service thereby saving the government millions of naira in term of salaries and emoluments. This occurred in the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture.
- Has received several awards and commendations for his acts of Integrity.
- Is being recognized for his consistent acts of Integrity in the different Ministries where he served.
Citizens Anti-Corruption Volunteer Group Icon
Ikenna Steve Nweke: A PhD student from Imo State studying in Japan, Ikenna found a wallet containing a very large sum of money and other valuables and returned this to the Japanese Police. Furthermore, he declined 10% of the money he found when a reward was offered to him. He is being recognized as his act of honesty and integrity has reaffirmed the fact that Nigerians are good people.
ICPC Certificate of Integrity – Public Servants that exhibited Integrity in the line of duty
- Ifalolu Stephen Ifabiyi (Chief Technical Officer) Ecological Fund Office, OSGF
- Umar Adamu Tsoho (Asst. Director, Steel) Ministry of Mines & Steel Development
- Okoli Elizabeth Ukamaka .(Director) FCT Pensions, Federal Capital Territory Administration
- Sabastine Tsenke Zoemlong (Assistant Chief Admin Officer) OSGF