Ten staff of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) have recently been certified by the Nigerian Council for Management Development (NCMD) as Management Trainers.
The staff who were selected from the different departments and units of the Commission, were exposed to various courses at the Centre for Management Development (CMD). The course content covered two broad areas: Basic Management Development and Advanced Management Development.
Under Basic Management Development, the areas covered included
- OVERVIEW OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- THE PSYCHOLOGY OF HUMAN LEARNING
- OVERVIEW OF TRAINING
- APPROACHES TO TRAINING
- IDENTIFICATION OF TRAINING NEEDS
- SETTING AND WRITING TRAINING OBJECTIVES
- TRAINING PROGRAMME DESIGN
- TRAINING STRATEGIES AND METHODS
- PRESENTATION SKILLS
- ROLE OF CO-ORDINATORS IN TRAINING
- TRAINING BUDGET AND PREPARATION
- INTRODUCTION TO MICROSOFT POWER POINT
- PREPARATION FOR MICRO-TEACHING
- EVALUATION OF TRAINING PROGRAMME
- TRAINING REPORT WRITING
- PRACTICAL USE OF INDUSTRIAL AID.
The Advanced Management Development course content covered the following areas:
- OVERVIEW OF CAPITAL HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
- INSTRUMENTATION TECHNIQUES
- CAREER PATH DEVELOPMENT
- THE LEARNING POLICY FORMULATION AND IMPLEMENTATION
- A TRAINER AS A CONSULTANT
- TRAINING AND CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- THE FACILITATOR AND COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS
- SUCCESSION PLANNING AS A TOOL FOR TRAINING NEEDS ASSESSMENT
- ETHICS IN TRAINING
- COST BENEFIT ANALYSIS (ECONOMIES OF TRAINING IN ORGANIZATION)
- COACHING, COUNSELLING AND MENTORING
- WRITING AND DEVELOPING CASE STUDIES
- TRAINERS’ ACCREDITATION AWARENESS
- EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
- ELECTRONIC LEARNING
- WRITING AND DEVELOPING ROLE PLAYS
- DEATH BY POWER POINT
- DESIGNING TRAINING EVALUATION INSTRUMENT
With this certification, they have enriched and expanded the academic resource base of the Anti-Corruption Academy of Nigeria (ACAN) the Training and Research arm of ICPC because they will from time to time serve as facilitators at the Academy.
Staff who added new feathers to their caps are Agha-Ibe Grace Orieoma, Bulus Jimmy Mai, Bello Dauda Onimisi, Odey John Okor, Ogugua Azuka Chinelo, Agboro Michael Omowera, Kuatsea Justin Kwaghgosor, Ebbhotemen Ehiabhi Kennedy, Gold Lionel Femi, Ayaoge-Osayi Patience Premo.