The attention of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has been drawn to the act of some unscrupulous persons who illegally and fraudulently extort money from unsuspecting Nigerians to obtain a so-called “Clearance Certificate” from the Commission.
ICPC would like to clearly state that it does not have nor does it issue “Clearance Certificates” and therefore, it does not charge fees for any such “certificates”.
Members of the public are hereby warned to be careful and suspicious of any requests for payment of “clearance fees” and offers of procuring a “certificate of clearance”. Report any such to ICPC:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Website: www.icpc.gov.ng,
- Toll-free number: 0800-2255-4272
- Through the nearest ICPC state office, or
- Through the “Wahala Dey” mobile app.